.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Monday, May 12, 2008

Finland forever ...

... Jari, my Finnish colleague, sent us a message about life in Finland. Since Jen is studying over there, I thought I would post it here. Actually, it sounds a lot like parts of Minnesota.

Here's the skinny on Finland, so you're prepared:
-it's cold
-penguins are housepets
-they use reindeer to plow the fields
-they drink a lot (and I mean a LOT)
-everybody has three Nokia phones
-their favorite pastime is a wife-carrying contest

Finland rules!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A reply originally sent to Jari...

Here's the skinny on Ireland, so you're prepared:
-it's wet
-sheep are housepets
-why plow fields? That's work. We just shear the sheep and sell overpriced itchy woolly jumpers to the toursits
-they drink a lot (a LOT more than the Finns, and let's face it, with more panache)
-who needs a mobile? Everyone I want to meet is sitting at my local pub waiting for me
-their favorite pastime is drinking with friends at a warm, dry pub, while wearing a not-itchy woolly jumper. And then singing.

As the old adage says, God invented whiskey so the Irish *won't* rule the world!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home