.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Friday, March 07, 2008

And if that weren't scary enough another nut ...

... came by our house last night. It was about 11:30 and all the lights were out when I heard the little lummox going bonkers barking and growling at something. I walked up to the front of the house to see what he was doing but as soon as I opened his little gate to the room formerly known as the family room he went charging past me to attack the front door. I tried to grab him, but he popped out of his collar and attacked the door again.

So I picked him up and carried him back to his room. He was mad.

Came back trough the house and saw Carmen walk to the the door - someone was pounding on it. Carmen opened the door (note to self: remind Carmen not to do that again) and there was a tall middle-aged lady demanding to know if this was Richard Wilson's residence (or some similar name). She was staring right at Carmen.

When she saw me walk up in my fluffy robe, she did a double take and seemed to realize that she was at the wrong house. Without embarrassment or apology she muttered something about knowing now where he lived and she turned and walked off.

Interesting possibilities occur as to what the back story was here. Was Carmen 'the other woman?' Was this a case of premature dementia? We'll never know.

At least she didn't have a gun, as far as we know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home