.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Sunday, January 07, 2007

I am off to the monastery...

... tomorrow. It is Holy Cross Abbey in Berryville, Virginia. I should get there by dinner time. I'll stay until Friday morning. It will be totally unstructured. I see it as a chance to be almost totally alone, no phone (which will stay in the car), no computer, no blogs, nothing but one or two books, a journal, and some pens.

The vote is still being counted as to whether or not I get up for the 3:30 am Lauds service (actually someone demanded a recount).

So no more posts for another week. Have fun everybody.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will report on the early morning services, won't you? And other experiences. And tell us what was written in your journals. And whether this is something for everyone. Or something for you again. Etc., etc.

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home