.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Young Mr Miggs tells me a story ...

... As on every Tuesday I was at the Mellow Mushroom with Maire and Murty and their kids, the Vietnamese trio, and assorted collegues. By the end of the evening little Mr Miggs was wired with overstimulation. I got him to set on my lap hoping to calm him down. Maire said keep him quiet because he is about to lose it ... or fall asleep.

So I whispered in his ear, "Tell me a story Miggs."

And without a seconds hesitation he says:

"One upon a time there was a brave knight.
His name was Sir Michael.
Then he died.
THE END!"

You have to admit, whatever it lacks in character development or subtlety, it's got a hell of a narrative arc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home