.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Friday, February 05, 2010

Carmen insists the title of that last post ...

should be "GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!"

The little lummox and I are enjoying it, however. I even volunteered to take the little beast out for his morning walk. It had been sleeting and snowing all night and now had turned to freezing rain when he and I went out, dodging the plow as it came up our street. The lummox loved it. Wanted to run, hop in the snow, roll around, and other signs of his impending nervous breakdown. And it is remarkably beautiful with snow coating every little branch and phone wire.

I got thoroughly wet and took a long hot shower when we got back in (the lummox wanted to keep going). After the shower I was thinking of having a brandy when Carmen brought me some hot tea and cookies. Much better.

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home