.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A Sad Sight on our Walk....

... the Little Lummox and I went for one of our normal walks, down School Street to the Medical Building in what used to be the old Lowes. I think of it as the Medical Building because there are so many doctors' offices there.

When we turned the corner to come up the front side we saw huge floral displays, like at a funeral, covering one of the parking places. It was Dr Cirillo's reserved spot. I read some of the notes from heart-broken patients and friends to Lummox. It took me by surprise, I think. One of the virtues of living in a small town is that everybody knows everyone and no one's death passes unnoticed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home