.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Monday, February 06, 2006

Let's be careful out there....

One of the reasons it was so easy to carry out my experiment of driving scrupulously at the speed limit is that Highway 421 has seen an increase in police activity. The other day I passed four state trooper cars giving out tickets within 35 miles. Almost every day on my commute since I have passed at least one, and usually two, police or state troopers writing tickets. I think they are trying to make a statement so take it easy out on the roads of Wilkes. At least for the time being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home