.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Saturday, May 01, 2010

It's a pleasant evening here in Wilkes ...

... and right outside my window I can hear Steve Martin strumming his banjo as part of the great Merle Fest. Next up, Elvis Costello! And we can here it all up here on the hill from our bedroom window. Wish I were down there though - I could have listened to Scythian again. Instead I spent the entire afternoon grading papers.

Well, except for an hour or so discussing departmental politics with Commandante Cinco over a few beers.

And this morning was spent watching Mulan and Máeráed in their dance recital. That was fun though I just about ODed on cute little munchkins in tutus - there were dozens and dozens of them, all color coded (Máeráed was pink). Mulan was spendid, even though the hip hop, tap and jazz routines are not her natural bent. She is a ballerina - and the classical training shows. She had a lot of numbers in this show.

Well, back to grading. Either that or reading about the grand strategy of the Byzantine Empire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home