.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Blaine the Groundhog, or rather, Son of Blaine ...

... is in the neighborhood again. I went for a walk over to the Wilkes Hot Dog Stand and saw a young but large groundhog sunning himself right at the doorway to Blaine's old burrow. I got within about 15 paces from him before his slowly disappeared into the hole. So even in this bad housing market someone decided to take over the old property. I think it was what a groundhog Realtor might call a "fixer upper."

Too bad I didn't have the lummox with me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see, son of Blaine. Wouldn't that make him Marshall the groundhog?

9:32 AM  
Blogger Clemens said...

Well, technically speaking Marshall might already have been his unused first name.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home