.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not Mayberry

Can a shy, retiring teacher from the big city find true happiness in the small town of Wilkesboro NC, which even the locals call "Moonshine Capital of the World."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilkesboro, North Carolina

Saturday, January 10, 2009

I am in Minnesota now which explains why ...

... I have not been writing anything on the blogs for a week or so. I am staying with old friends. I came to help have a memorial for a dear friend who died a few weeks before Christmas. I might write some more about that friend, but not just yet.

I have spent a lot of time in my old neighborhood in St Paul. It is the place I still feel like is my real hometown. The area from the river bluffs to the Cathedral, between University Avenue and Ford Parkway. There is no other place quite like it.

But as I said, I will write some more about this when I get home, get ready for my classes on Tuesday, and have had some time to think about it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.K. you're back. What's your excuse now?

10:05 PM  
Blogger Clemens said...

I'm lazy.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate to that. (No suprise there.)

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your friend. Even though you didn't live close to him, I know you will miss him.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home